The best word I could find to describe this is "warm". It's similar to Ryuutama in that it feels like a game designed for playing out a Miyazaki film almost. Excellent work here. The cascading dice is a really neat idea too. Love to see that expanded somewhat.
The Forests of Faera
A downloadable game
You are a proud citizen of Faera - a land filled with powerful magics, extraordinary creatures and enchanted forests. Gather your equipment and step out into the world, for an adventure is about to unfold!
The Forests of Faera is a lightweight roleplaying game in which players embark on short, fantastical adventures. It uses dice rolls when you attempt something risky, allows a lot of narrative freedom for players and the Game Master (GM) and can be played in under an hour.
This PDF is intended to be printed out and folded into a trifold brochure. Fold it into threes with the title at the front and the "The Game" arm tucked inside.
Enjoy your time in Faera! (:
- In general, I've improved a number of sections' readability and made some things a bit more concise, adding some polish here and there.
- Added a variant rule: Creature Composure. If you think creatures in the standard rules are too easy to defeat or too predictable, give them composure dice just like your adventurers and see how you fare!
- Replaced The Necromancer's Ritual with The Delian Tomb for a number of reasons, most importantly because of CC licensing. Thanks to Morpha for your dungeon "The Necromancer's Cave" in Johnn Four and Strolen's "5 Room Dungeons" book.
- Increased the readability of a number of sections, making some rules clearer and more concise.
- Added hyperlinks to the Credits & Acknowledgements section for usability. Check them out - each one is awesome!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Update!64 days ago